In the report, you can:
· read how we're addressing the “Big Five” global water issues with our Sustainable Water Infrastructure initiative
· see the goals we have set for ourselves as we work to reduce water and energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
· hear how we’re expanding our commitment to Xylem Watermark
· learn how Xylem has committed to use more sustainability measurements to assess and select our supplier partners and
· get a good idea of why we were selected to be on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes in our first year as an independent company
Earlier this year, a Sustainability Steering Committee was formed with employees from all geographies, businesses and functions to guide Xylem’s sustainability efforts and ensure we maintain momentum. The work and initiatives described in this report clearly demonstrate that the efforts of the Committee are having an impact.
Xylem has also been chosen as one of the finalists for the 13th annual Corporate Citizenship Awards by the Business Civic Leadership Center (BCLC), a nonprofit affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. This recognition honors businesses for their societal innovations and for creating a sustained positive impact on people, communities, and the environment. Xylem was chosen as a “Best International Ambassador” finalist, citing our Disaster Risk Reduction Water Initiative in helping produce “real, positive change for vulnerable communities around the world.” The awards will be presented on December 6 in Washington, D.C.